Eating seems to be the only addiction I have.
your addiction? - Page 2
Girls gone wild!
Plus I LOVE the smell of Napalm in the morning.
Well, maybe robust coffee.
Cooking of course.
Trap shooting, (no skeet yet) rifles, handgun shooting, and reload ammo also.
Don't hunt anymore, just shoot.
Flying, when $$$$$$ and time permits.
Same with Boating, 4x4ing, when I can.
Weird stuff...hypnosis I guess.
And amateur magic.
And of course we ALL know that good cooking is a magic in itself.
"Ayn Rand is one of those things that a lot of us, when we were 17 or 18 and feeling misunderstood, we'd pick up." Obama. That one cut a little for me too.
I hear that, all about the moment when someone realizes the lengths you've gone to.
Also coffee, redbull, cigarettes, pot, guns, knives, vodka, lidocaine patches.
I'm not sure how close they are to "addictions" but I have a few:
1. Guns- A pretty good percentage of my money goes to guns, especially handguns. Shooting and reloading are major hobbies for me.
2. Knives- I'm pretty much a blade addict. Doesn't matter, kitchen knives or sporting knives, I have a ton of them.
3. Sharpening- I have a few thousand bucks wrapped up in natural and synthetic stones, plus my machines (3 grinders).
4. Audio- Right now I have maybe $12-13,000 sunk into my audio rig. And about 1,000 discs (classical, some indie rock & old metal from my younger days- also a lot of jazz).
5. Cooking- Despite cooking for a living I'm always futzing around with something at home. I have a Blendtech blender, a Traeger, an electric smoker, a commercial chamber vac machine, two water ovens and a L'equip dehydrator. I'm always working up something that might see the plate at work down the road.
6. Reading- I'm a big reader, too. I don't have a lot of time right at the moment but I'm a big book lover. Philosophy is my big thing, and oddly also HP Lovecraft.
WTF, apart from the guns (can't really get them in germany, I have bows and airguns and slingshots though) you have exactly the same hobbies I have. Just way more extreme ... especially the audio and the sharpening stuff ...
That's kind of ironic- I have four German-made HKs. It's strange/sad that you can't get the superb firearms made in your own country.
after winning a battle with cancer, surgery to remove a Tumor then 8 months of chemo, i had to reduce my addictions and watch what i put in to my Body in large amounts. but in the high times it was what ever was around and popular at the time. now only medical weed and and a bit of booze, mostly Scotch and some beer.