Related Forum Threads
- Cheesecake Trouble, Advice Please Last post on 6/16/10 at 12:24pm in Pastries & Baking
- catchy bakery name is needed Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:04am in Pastries & Baking
- How to properly glaze a frosted cake. Last post on 6/4/14 at 7:15pm in Pastries & Baking
- Red Velvet Cake! Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:47am in Pastries & Baking
- What cakes can be freeze? Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:39pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
I got mine a little over two years ago as a christmas gift and I still use it every day. An overall solid knife, nothing to write home about, but out of the box it'll cut anything you need it to,...
Almost 2 years ago now, ChefTalk had a random-draw giveaway for one of these cutting boards. What you had to do was to write a review of a cutting board you use. I wrote one, and it was randomly...
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
why does a no bake cheesecake not set
So seriously, that mascarpone is likely breaking when you mix it in with the ganache. You might not realize it because the ganache is keeping everything together. Room temperature ganache is pretty tight so I'm assuming you're using the beater? Try adding stabilizer twice. Once when you are mixing the mascarpone with the sugar, next when you're mixing the mascarpone with the ganache.
when you need to "set" things, don't use icing sugar……you need gelatin or the like if you want to be able to make neat slices.
there are plenty recipes out there which are no bake cheesecake (in this area of europe its called quark something like drained fermented fresh cheese, dunno if it exists in USA)
it's the chocolate making it difficult so I'd surely play around with the recipe.
I'm suspecting the emulsion. Why cool the ganach? Why not heating cream and suger, adding it to the cheese and in the end adding chocolate (melted)? In theory it should set when it cools off. At least the fat of the chocolate.
In the end, I think the key to this is in the temperatures and mixing cheese and chocolate. If the suggested way doesn't work, you will simply have to tweak the recipy by having more of the right kind if fat compared to liquid, or adding gelatin or other gelling agent.
- why does a no bake cheesecake not set
- › Review Hobart N50 5 Qt Mixer - a year later 2 minutes ago
- › Capsule for sauce. 4 minutes ago
- › Has any of you worked in Cambodia? 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Garlic shrimp scampi pasta - cheese or no cheese? 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › I would love to open a restaurant but....... 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Pie Crust 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Shaoxing Rice Wine 6 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Final Bit of advice Please... 6 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Family Trip To Austin TX...... 8 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Electric of Gas Tilt Skillet Better? 8 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails