Related Forum Threads
- Cheesecake Trouble, Advice Please Last post on 6/16/10 at 12:24pm in Pastries & Baking
- catchy bakery name is needed Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:04am in Pastries & Baking
- How to properly glaze a frosted cake. Last post on 6/4/14 at 7:15pm in Pastries & Baking
- Red Velvet Cake! Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:47am in Pastries & Baking
- What cakes can be freeze? Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:39pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
why does a no bake cheesecake not set
So seriously, that mascarpone is likely breaking when you mix it in with the ganache. You might not realize it because the ganache is keeping everything together. Room temperature ganache is pretty tight so I'm assuming you're using the beater? Try adding stabilizer twice. Once when you are mixing the mascarpone with the sugar, next when you're mixing the mascarpone with the ganache.
when you need to "set" things, don't use icing sugar……you need gelatin or the like if you want to be able to make neat slices.
there are plenty recipes out there which are no bake cheesecake (in this area of europe its called quark something like drained fermented fresh cheese, dunno if it exists in USA)
it's the chocolate making it difficult so I'd surely play around with the recipe.
I'm suspecting the emulsion. Why cool the ganach? Why not heating cream and suger, adding it to the cheese and in the end adding chocolate (melted)? In theory it should set when it cools off. At least the fat of the chocolate.
In the end, I think the key to this is in the temperatures and mixing cheese and chocolate. If the suggested way doesn't work, you will simply have to tweak the recipy by having more of the right kind if fat compared to liquid, or adding gelatin or other gelling agent.
- why does a no bake cheesecake not set
- › What tastes just like bacon and is healthier than kale? 45 minutes ago
- › Homemade Christmas food gifts? 46 minutes ago
- › Frying Multiple Eggs 58 minutes ago
- › Is it possible to make an extract from beer. 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › What do you just hate to cook/prep?! 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Cake Shape changes stability? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › BBQ plate short ribs, who's done it? How? 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Knives for fiance.. Question 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Martha Stewarts Christmas Cookie tv show of about 8 or more years ago 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Knife for hire.... 4 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather
- › Mushroom Risotto