Related Forum Threads
- Cheesecake Trouble, Advice Please Last post on 6/16/10 at 12:24pm in Pastries & Baking
- catchy bakery name is needed Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:04am in Pastries & Baking
- How to properly glaze a frosted cake. Last post on 6/4/14 at 7:15pm in Pastries & Baking
- Red Velvet Cake! Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:47am in Pastries & Baking
- What cakes can be freeze? Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:39pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
A very good way to get into Japanese blades since very good bang for the buck. Familiar blade and handle shape. Very good steel, comes with and keeps a good sharp edge ... but if you need to touch...
I picked up the Miyabi 8" chef's (600D) as an upgrade to my Henckels when I found it on sale and was not disappointed. Feels a bit lighter and more agile in the hand compared to the Germans since...
Wüsthof is one of the "big name" Germans for a reason, over 200 years. Their professional tier lines are all solid, and the choice may end up being just personal taste over the exact look/material...
why does a no bake cheesecake not set
So seriously, that mascarpone is likely breaking when you mix it in with the ganache. You might not realize it because the ganache is keeping everything together. Room temperature ganache is pretty tight so I'm assuming you're using the beater? Try adding stabilizer twice. Once when you are mixing the mascarpone with the sugar, next when you're mixing the mascarpone with the ganache.
when you need to "set" things, don't use icing sugar……you need gelatin or the like if you want to be able to make neat slices.
there are plenty recipes out there which are no bake cheesecake (in this area of europe its called quark something like drained fermented fresh cheese, dunno if it exists in USA)
it's the chocolate making it difficult so I'd surely play around with the recipe.
I'm suspecting the emulsion. Why cool the ganach? Why not heating cream and suger, adding it to the cheese and in the end adding chocolate (melted)? In theory it should set when it cools off. At least the fat of the chocolate.
In the end, I think the key to this is in the temperatures and mixing cheese and chocolate. If the suggested way doesn't work, you will simply have to tweak the recipy by having more of the right kind if fat compared to liquid, or adding gelatin or other gelling agent.
- why does a no bake cheesecake not set
- › Hi Everyone, I made a recipe for Korean Beef Patties With Rice Cakes 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › pizza making 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Question to the owners 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › New Restaurant Owners 4 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Cooking Challenge--Party Food! 6 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Dexsteel? 9 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 9 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Chefs... how do you estimate prep time? 10 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › bread improver?? 10 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Volcano rice 11 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower