Here's my two cents...
Your menu seems a bit wonky, as in unbalanced and mismatched..a penne with vodka sauce, a pasta salad, roasted potatoes and a potato salad seem a bit carb heavy...a rice pilaf may be a better choice....yes on a greens salad and perhaps even another type of vegetable salad like green beans or asparagus with a vinaigrette....or a caprese salad with fresh mozzarella....or a platter of mixed grilled vegetables( zucchini, squash, mushrooms, eggplant, tricolor peppers, asparagus, shallots etc.)
Here is one possible scenario to compliment your sausage/peppers dish and your chicken in wine sauce dish.
- Tricolor tortellini and penne in basil cream sauce with broccoli, zucchini,
summer squash, artichoke hearts, peas and walnuts
- long grain and wild rice pilaf
- grilled vegetable platter drizzled with balsamic glaze
- caprese salad with fresh mozzarella and basil with balsamic vinaigrette
- mixed baby greens salad with cantalope, honeydew, grapes and cranberries
appetizers i would change the swedish meatballs to a mushroom marsala sauce or arrabbiata or puttanesca
- antipasti platter of cheeses, olives, salamis, artichoke hearts, peppers etc. in place
of the vegetable platter
- nix the fruit tray unless it has has cheese on it.....replace it with a
tuscan white bean hummus with crostini
hope this helps
joeyEdited by durangojo - 4/11/14 at 8:23pm