I just posted in the new member forum so I won't bore you other than to say I'm extremely busy but am looking for short cuts that I can do on weekends to make weekday cooking fast and easy. Here are a few things I do. I'll make it brief, but can explain in detail.
- I caramelize a bunch of onions and stick them in the fridge.
- Same with mushrooms, I saute a bunch up. I can use both to make a pepper sauce to go over a quick seared fillet.
- Last weekend I seared on the outside a pork tenderloin. I can toss medalions of the pork in a saute pan and make a quick Asian sauce for it during the week.
Twice a year:
- I buy online 25 lbs of duck backs and necks and make a heavily reduced duck stock with it. I make it into small cubes to use for sauces, soup etc. Duck just has so much more flavor than chicken. I keep the oil as a cooking oil.
- I cook up a bunch of bacon bits and put them in the freezer to but over baked potato, hash browns, etc. I save the bacon fat for a cooking oil as well.
Obviously, nothing is better than fresh. If I want the best, I go to a restaurant. Does anyone have a comment on my list or want to add anything to it. All comments are appreciated.