Related Forum Threads
- Le Cordon Bleu Last post on 6/7/15 at 5:15am in Choosing A Culinary School
- A Grand Diplôme or an Associate Degree in culinary Arts? Last post on 4/21/15 at 1:52pm in Choosing A Culinary School
- Life as a Student in Le Cordon Bleu - London Last post on 8/14/14 at 11:01am in General Culinary School Discussions
- le corden bleu master chef cooking clasaes Last post on 7/17/11 at 10:15pm in Food & Cooking
- New from Orlando, Florida! Last post on 6/3/15 at 4:31am in New User Introductions
The Secret Guide to Culinary Career
Last edited: 7/1/13
- Passion of a chefLast edited: 8/24/11
- A Day In The Life Of An American Culinary Student BlogLast edited: 8/18/12
- Star Chefs Whats Real And Whats NotLast edited: 2/16/10
- Life After Culinary School And Becoming A ChefLast edited: 2/16/10
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
New Student at LCBpost #1 of 66/4/14 at 2:50pmThread StarterMy name is Dee and I'm currently attending LCB in Tucker, GA (Atlanta). I'm only in my 2nd week but so far we've learned knife cuts (julienne, batonnet, brunoise, small dice and tourne), equipment identification, also made mayonnaise & tomato sauce. We're currently taking 3 classes within a 6 week period. We've had 2 quizzes, a test today on food safety, & have a practical on knife cuts tomorrow. I love it so far! I do not regret my decision to attend...it was between here & J&W in Charlotte, NC. I decided to post because I used to spend hours online researching culinary schools & whether I should apply or not. Didn't find much, so if anyone has questions I'd try my best to answer.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/4/14 at 9:02pm
Nice to meet you, Dee! I can hear the excitement in your post. You're energized by what you're learning, and that's awesome! Le Cordon Bleu must be a good fit for you. Did Chef Talk provide any information to you in your search for a school? We do have a forum and other information here about culinary schools.
As a student you'll get a lot out of reading all the forums here. Keep in mind, though, the professionals' forums are read-only until you finish your training. You're encouraged to ask your questions and participate freely in all the general forums where everyone (including the pros) hang out.
Besides the forums, don't miss the excellent cooking articles, equipment and cookbook reviews, photo galleries and, when the time comes, career board. We've been here over 14 years, so doing a search here can bring up a ton of great stuff! Keep in mind if it's a forum thread, the conversation may have ended some time ago, even if it seems fresh and recent. Check those dates! You'll also want to check out the Facebook page and the Pinterest board, too.
We hope you'll find plenty of people and information to interest you here. Our members are really the wealth of this community. And now, you're part of that wealth, so jump in and enjoy.
MezzalunaModerator Emerita, Welcome Forum
***It is better to ask forgiveness than beg permission.***Moderator Emerita, Welcome Forum
***It is better to ask forgiveness than beg permission.***post #3 of 66/7/14 at 6:35pmThread Starterpost #4 of 66/4/15 at 1:26pm
I wanted to reply to your post since I too am a student at LCB Atlanta! I work in the Student Resource Center (SRC), I am known by most as Mr. Dan. I am a career changer, after a 22 year special operations career. I am currently in the Catering and Buffet portion of my degree.
I have had some great chefs and I have had a great experience here! Our instructors come from varied backgrounds and other schools including, Culinary Institute of America, Johnson and Wales, The Art Institute, and several other schools including Le Cordon Bleu Paris. We have two Master Chefs; Chef John Kanadu and Chef Daryl Shular, both who have worked with other schools and made LCB their home. Everyone has an opinion but I can say that I am very satisfied with my decision to attend LCB Atlanta.
Have a great time, and anytime I can assist you let me know.
Danielpost #5 of 66/19/15 at 5:19am
Welcome to ChefTalk we are glad you joined!Thanks,
ChefTalk.com Founderpost #6 of 66/19/15 at 5:22amCulinary School Review ContestBy Nicko • Posted • 2700 views • 14 commentsThanks,
- New Student at LCB
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Passion of a chef
- › Fusion Cuisine - A marvelous migration into multicultural menus or... 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › When fancy plating fails? 5 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Surprise! I am hoping for help choosing new knives :) 6 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Feet in excruciating pain after 13 hour shift 6 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › rehydrate vanilla beans 7 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Tadafusa--Gyuto recommendations 9 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Macaroon Disaster 10 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Cooking Challenge: Squash 11 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Hungarian Szalonna 12 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Laser 12 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked