Are you the kind of person who believes that a successful team is down to being friendly, showing kindness, commitment and making peoples’ day? If yes, you are at the right place!
This an exciting opportunity for a young and dynamic Chef de Partie or a junior Sous chef to take the next step in their career and join our team in a contemporary yet traditional food led pub in Wiltshire.
Who are we?
Set in the beautiful village of Froxfield, between Marlborough and Hungerford, the Pelican Inn has 8 comfortable en-suite bedrooms and extensive food and beverage offerings including 3 cozy restaurants and a large bar. Our kitchen uses 100% fresh locally sourced produce for daily specials as well as seasonal menus.
Who are we looking for?
We employ dynamic people who think like us and enjoy the same things that we do; food & drink, and, perhaps more importantly taking real pleasure in looking after people and making them happy.
In this full time Sous Chef role you will be expected to maintain the high standards of food production whilst supporting your Head Chef in the development of, not only the food and menus, but the team as well; getting them to excel in food production for our guests and visitors. The Sous Chef will:
- Deputize for the Head Chef in his absence
- Assist with menu design
- Ensure that all menu dishes are prepared with attention to detail and to the highest standard.
- Maintain food hygiene and health and safety standards in the kitchen
- Have a good understanding of kitchen costing, including G.P and stock control
- Assist in the training and development of junior kitchen staff
- Have a passion for food, hospitality, commitment and dedication.
What do we offer?
In addition to working in a beautiful environment where ambition, dedication, integrity, kindness and teamwork is encouraged, the Sous chef will be provided with the following:
- Salary of £18.5k - £21k per annum, depending on experience
- Free live in (if required)
- Share of tips
How to reach us?
If you feel you have what it takes to be highly successful in this role please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current salary details. We will seek background references on the successful applicant. Find out more about the vacancy by visiting www.pelicaninn.co.uk.