Originally Posted by GeneMachine
Very nice. Would you give us the details on the seaoning?
Congrats @teamfat !
@GeneMachine here are some details on the seasoning:
- 3 cups of wheat for kibe (the pic shows how it looks) for each kg of grounded meat (good quality low fat) - wash it on hot water until the water gets gets clean agains (it will be white in the begining), than drain it an press the wet wheat to take some more water from it.
- 1 tea spoon of Zattar (lebanese seazoning) - if you dont find it replace for even parts of White/black peper powder, cumin powder, cinnamon and crushed sesame seeds.
- 1 more tea spoon of Cinnamon powder
- 1 onion
- 1 spring onion
- mint leaves (to taste)
- just a little parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
Process everything, except the grounded neet and the wheat.
Mix everithing together.
Serve with pitta bread, onion (in petals like cut) and mint leaves.
With the same recipe, You can also make:
1) baked Kibe: in a tray, put the raw kibe layer (half inch high), than some lebanese grounded beef (cook it with chopped onion an some Zattar and salt) and cover with another raw kibe layer and bake it. (like the pic bellow, which is not mine, just to illustrate)
2) deep fried: same as previous, but the are shaped as little footballs (american football) and filled with the lebanede grounded beef and deep fried. Also not my pic.
You can also fill both with sautéed spinach.