Related Forum Threads
- My version of gai yang - Thai BBQ Chicken.... Last post on 4/4/14 at 6:13pm in Food & Cooking
- Thai Hot Wings anyone?? Last post on 8/4/08 at 7:13pm in Food & Cooking
- Thai Fried Chicken With Basil Leaves Last post on 9/27/07 at 4:53am in Recipes
- Sarku Japan: Chicken Teriyaki? Last post on 5/18/15 at 1:48am in Recipes
- Vietnamese caramel chicken -- how? Last post on 10/3/05 at 11:18am in Food & Cooking
How To Roast The Perfect Chicken
Last edited: 1/7/12
- How To Cut Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 2/28/10
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
- How To Cut Up A Whole Chicken
Give the sauce a good stir and the pour over the meal.
I find that a good stir solves/masks the separation.
Good luck! I have made lots od satay sauce, but never those amounts
@alaminute Have you used it? I never have, Im heading to the Asian importer,supply today and I betting they have it. Is there a good ratios to use? Any taste? Any tips?
These amounts dont daunt me but the style of serving is new so its a learning expierence.
Could you do a sample pack and try it?
It sounds like the sauce is basically all spread around the noodles and chicken and in that case I would think that the sauce shouldn't separate when heated on medium/low in the microwave. Maybe put an instruction on the vacuum pack that says to stir it after heating?
I initially thought it would be on a plate with the sauce on top and there I could see it being a bigger problem (presentation wise)
@ alaminute. Im still going to get some xantham gum and play with it.
- Satay sause
- › Young chefstudent in doubt about carrer 14 minutes ago
- › 27 year old, career change, culinary school. Am i setting up myself... 17 minutes ago
- › Failing Practical exam for CC twice 25 minutes ago
- › Which do you prefer? 57 minutes ago
- › Country Club Banquet Sales 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Recommend French Cook Books for the professional? 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › How long does cooked rice keep for in a bain marie or chafing dish? 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Hi I am looking for advice what professional chefs and cooks tools? 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Most memorable stupid orders you've gotten 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Anyone have a good hack for making large quantities of roux? 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather