Originally Posted by GeneMachine
Did I ever mention that you are nuts in the best possible way? ;)
I decided to deal with a few common problems of smoking food.
1. I want to be able to smoke when it is snowing or raining hard outside.
2. I want to cold smoke (salmon, cheese, etc.) on the hottest day in the summer.
3. I don't want to have to set the alarm clock to get up every hour during the night to tend the fire for long smokes.
4. I don't want to keep spending money to buy pellets or wood chips. (I have a problem now, I have enough pellets for the next ten years.)
5. I want to have precise temperature control like a sous vide cooker. (the smoker has a convection fan built-in)
6. I want to be able to generate a blast of thick smoke for quick smokes or TBS for long smokes without creosote contamination.
7. There is also an ultrasonic humidifier inside to control humidity so that food will not dry out during long hot smokes.
8. Being a working refrigerator also, it has very good seal and insulation, the heat source is only a 300 watt halogen light bulb, which uses not much energy.