To start off Im simply looking to buy a set of stones that will best suit my skill level, budget and knives. I have read through some threads and these seem to be the determining factors when deciding on a set of stones. I am drawn to free handing compared to the other sharpening tools out there, although highly unlikely I could be swayed into considering one of the other options.
- I work in a professional kitchen 65+ hrs a week, so while I'm dedicated and willing to learn how to sharpen freehand I can't afford to sit for 3hrs a week and sharpen my knives.
- I have little experience with sharpening freehand, I can attain a reasonable sharp edge on the stones that belong to the restaurant. ( a set bought from CKTG which consists of
- Beston 500
- Bester 1.2K
- Suhiro Rika 5K
-Money is not a huge determining factor. Although Im not willing to spend more than $300.
-My current knives consist of a
- Misono swedish paring knife
- Moritaka Petty, Aogami Super, HRC 64-65
- Fujiwara FKM Poultry Knife, Molybdenum/Vanadium SS HRC 58-59
- Masamoto KS 240mm Gyuto, Hitachi White #2 HRC 62
If I can be more clear or provide any additional information please ask. And of course thanks in advance!