here is some stuff I wrote to get a clearer picture of the kitchen manager tasks I know and or need to work on.
1. schedule staff ( done on a excel sheet, depends the type of operation) -I've made a excel template.
2.Tracking labor cost of the work week. ( I've made an excel sheet, with employee names and pay rates for each , with over time additions if needed. )
3. ordering food + keeping track of food credits + scheduling delivery times (I've never ordered food, but I assume that suppliers have software , e.i. GFS... our your company provides a software, )
4.adding invoices/food purchases into excel. ( I've made a excel template)
5. Inventory sheet counting -end of month- ( I've never entered inventory numbers in software,, but I've participated many times in counting inventory, using the shelve to sheet method. ) to enter numbers in excel I need the vendors food prices,
6. End of month food cost percentage ( I understand how to do it once all the numbers are in, inventory #, sales#, ect... I've just never done it as part of my job. but I have a good excel template from chef-ressources. )
7. hire and train staff ( I've never done it but I think I could)
8. payroll, and pay bills. ( I've never done payroll, but I know I could pay bills. ) I amuse payroll is done by software??? if your company doesnt have accounting department.
9. Create menu items and cost them. ( I know how to cost a recipe and i'm resourceful to think and create new food items.
is there anything else I need to know. apart from little things like , staff conflict, ect....