So I purchased a nice tri-ply stainless steel flat bottom wok for use on my induction stovetop.
Prepared to cook my first stirfry.
1. Heated wok very hot
2. Added grapeseed oil - enough to coat the bottom and some extra
3. Threw in the chicken and started tossing
4. Chicken cooked fine but left a lot of brown crap (fond) on bottom of pan
5. Removed chicken, added more oil and garlic and peppers and onions.
6. The garlic browned very quickly, too quickly compared to everything else getting tender
7. Added the chicken back in and sauce, which loosened some of the fond.
All in all, it wasn't that great.
So is it hopeless to try to cook on high heat in stainless steel?
Since a regular carbon steel wok won't work well on induction cooktops, am I out of luck?
Any advice appreciated.