- itemHow to Break an Egg: 1,453 Kitchen Tips, Food Fixes, Emergency Substitutions, and Handy Techniquestagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
- itemKitchen Solutions: Substitutions, Basic Formulas and Essential Referencestagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
- itemOn Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchentagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
- itemSauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Makingtagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
Related Forum Threads
- Thickening Agents Last post on 1/23/16 at 2:39am in Professional Chefs
- Noob hit list Last post on 5/20/11 at 3:59am in Food & Cooking
- Referrence Works Last post on 12/31/01 at 7:32am in Cookbook Reviews
- Do anyone stir the bones in stock vigorously before straining? Last post on 3/31/16 at 8:54am in Food & Cooking
- cauliflower in parmesan cheese sauce Last post on 3/30/16 at 4:09pm in Food & Cooking
How To Make Pheasant Stock
Last edited: 2/11/14
- How To Make Brown StockLast edited: 1/20/12
- How To Make White StockLast edited: 10/16/13
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
Help Fixing Massal sauce marinadepost #1 of 81/20/15 at 2:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 81/20/15 at 9:11am
Make another batch without lemon juice. Combine the two.
In the future please post your questions such as this in http://www.cheftalk.com/f/17/food-cooking-questions-and-discussion the general forum section. This particular section is reserved for current and past professional chefs only. Only professionals in the food industry may post here though all are free to read.post #3 of 81/20/15 at 9:47amThread Starterpost #4 of 81/20/15 at 10:16am
You could try adding a bit of all your spices so that you don't change the flavor profile too much, but cheflayne is really right-the best bet is too make another batch without lemon juice and combine the 2. Every other way is going to throw off your balance of flavors. At the very least, you'll end up with a marinade that has too much spice in it.
Of course, sugar will balance out the acid that the lemon juice gives the recipe, but won't mask the lemon flavor, and of course there are other issues with adding sugar to the recipe.post #5 of 81/20/15 at 10:26am
Marinades have good shelf life so I wouldn't worry about having too much. Just put the unused portion ti the refrigerator.post #6 of 81/20/15 at 10:44amThread Starterpost #7 of 81/23/15 at 7:00amWhen Things Go Wrong A Guide To Fixing Kitchen DisastersBy Pete • Posted • 96585 views
Please note there are over 66,000 views. Our most popular article every published I believe.Thanks,
- Help Fixing Massal sauce marinade
- How To Make Brown Stock
- › Hello is choosing chef job is wise idea? 5 minutes ago
- › Feet in excruciating pain after 13 hour shift 21 minutes ago
- › Failing Practical exam for CC twice 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › When fancy plating fails? 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 4 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Help Me Find Buy-it-For-Life Knives 4 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Holding Baozi during service 4 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Cooking Challenge: Squash 5 hours ago
- › Grilling (NOT smoking) Saint Louis ribs? 5 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Menu / Product Question 5 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked