- itemHow to Break an Egg: 1,453 Kitchen Tips, Food Fixes, Emergency Substitutions, and Handy Techniquestagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
- itemKitchen Solutions: Substitutions, Basic Formulas and Essential Referencestagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
- itemOn Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchentagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
- itemSauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Makingtagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
Related Forum Threads
- Thickening Agents Last post on 1/23/16 at 2:39am in Professional Chefs
- Noob hit list Last post on 5/20/11 at 3:59am in Food & Cooking
- Referrence Works Last post on 12/31/01 at 7:32am in Cookbook Reviews
- Do anyone stir the bones in stock vigorously before straining? Last post on 3/31/16 at 8:54am in Food & Cooking
- cauliflower in parmesan cheese sauce Last post on 3/30/16 at 4:09pm in Food & Cooking
How To Make Pheasant Stock
Last edited: 2/11/14
- How To Make Brown StockLast edited: 1/20/12
- How To Make White StockLast edited: 10/16/13
I got mine a little over two years ago as a christmas gift and I still use it every day. An overall solid knife, nothing to write home about, but out of the box it'll cut anything you need it to,...
Almost 2 years ago now, ChefTalk had a random-draw giveaway for one of these cutting boards. What you had to do was to write a review of a cutting board you use. I wrote one, and it was randomly...
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
Help Fixing Massal sauce marinadepost #1 of 81/20/15 at 2:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 81/20/15 at 9:11am
Make another batch without lemon juice. Combine the two.
In the future please post your questions such as this in http://www.cheftalk.com/f/17/food-cooking-questions-and-discussion the general forum section. This particular section is reserved for current and past professional chefs only. Only professionals in the food industry may post here though all are free to read.post #3 of 81/20/15 at 9:47amThread Starterpost #4 of 81/20/15 at 10:16am
You could try adding a bit of all your spices so that you don't change the flavor profile too much, but cheflayne is really right-the best bet is too make another batch without lemon juice and combine the 2. Every other way is going to throw off your balance of flavors. At the very least, you'll end up with a marinade that has too much spice in it.
Of course, sugar will balance out the acid that the lemon juice gives the recipe, but won't mask the lemon flavor, and of course there are other issues with adding sugar to the recipe.post #5 of 81/20/15 at 10:26am
Marinades have good shelf life so I wouldn't worry about having too much. Just put the unused portion ti the refrigerator.post #6 of 81/20/15 at 10:44amThread Starterpost #7 of 81/23/15 at 7:00amWhen Things Go Wrong A Guide To Fixing Kitchen DisastersBy Pete • Posted • 99674 views
Please note there are over 66,000 views. Our most popular article every published I believe.Thanks,
- Help Fixing Massal sauce marinade
- How To Make Brown Stock
- › Did or did you not go to culinary school? Was it worth it? 32 minutes ago
- › A skinny cook going for job interviews 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Small rice size lumps! 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Why I feel pursuit of Michelin stars is a worthy pursuit - A... 5 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Final Bit of advice Please... 5 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Starting a New Restaurant 6 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 7 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › issue with a sponge cake recipe 8 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Petty knife- Masamoto or Mac? 9 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Struggling as a line cook... 10 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails