- itemHow to Break an Egg: 1,453 Kitchen Tips, Food Fixes, Emergency Substitutions, and Handy Techniquestagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
- itemKitchen Solutions: Substitutions, Basic Formulas and Essential Referencestagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
- itemOn Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchentagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
- itemSauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Makingtagged by Nicko, 1/23/15
Related Forum Threads
- Thickening Agents Last post on 1/23/16 at 2:39am in Professional Chefs
- Noob hit list Last post on 5/20/11 at 3:59am in Food & Cooking
- Referrence Works Last post on 12/31/01 at 7:32am in Cookbook Reviews
- Do anyone stir the bones in stock vigorously before straining? Last post on 3/31/16 at 8:54am in Food & Cooking
- cauliflower in parmesan cheese sauce Last post on 3/30/16 at 4:09pm in Food & Cooking
How To Make Pheasant Stock
Last edited: 2/11/14
- How To Make Brown StockLast edited: 1/20/12
- How To Make White StockLast edited: 10/16/13
I've owned this tenderizer for about a year and a half. Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's...
Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter like this for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's perforated to make it tender. So I bought one with...
I have four Microplanes in my knife drawer: two zester/graters, one ribbon grater, and one spice grater. Mine all date back to the "classic series," meaning they have the black plastic handle --...
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
Help Fixing Massal sauce marinadepost #1 of 81/20/15 at 2:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 81/20/15 at 9:11am
Make another batch without lemon juice. Combine the two.
In the future please post your questions such as this in http://www.cheftalk.com/f/17/food-cooking-questions-and-discussion the general forum section. This particular section is reserved for current and past professional chefs only. Only professionals in the food industry may post here though all are free to read.post #3 of 81/20/15 at 9:47amThread Starterpost #4 of 81/20/15 at 10:16am
You could try adding a bit of all your spices so that you don't change the flavor profile too much, but cheflayne is really right-the best bet is too make another batch without lemon juice and combine the 2. Every other way is going to throw off your balance of flavors. At the very least, you'll end up with a marinade that has too much spice in it.
Of course, sugar will balance out the acid that the lemon juice gives the recipe, but won't mask the lemon flavor, and of course there are other issues with adding sugar to the recipe.post #5 of 81/20/15 at 10:26am
Marinades have good shelf life so I wouldn't worry about having too much. Just put the unused portion ti the refrigerator.post #6 of 81/20/15 at 10:44amThread Starterpost #7 of 81/23/15 at 7:00amWhen Things Go Wrong A Guide To Fixing Kitchen DisastersBy Pete • Posted • 100958 views
Please note there are over 66,000 views. Our most popular article every published I believe.Thanks,
- Help Fixing Massal sauce marinade
- How To Make Brown Stock
- › Hi From Hong Kong 44 minutes ago
- › Being paid commission as 1099 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Quick Pickups for Starters in a Hot Oven! 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › What's in your kniferoll? 5 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › On the road 8 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Consultant Needed for New Kitchen in Boutique Hotel 9 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Hi - Aspiring Entrepreneur 13 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › TurboChef Fire 13 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Help choosing some cutlery 15 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › how to price a catering job ? 17 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Loen 48-blade Meat Tenderizer Meat Neddle (White) by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Microplane 46220 Premium Zester/Grater, Turquoise by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › How much u will buy this plate?
- › Roasted Chinese Pork Belly
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream