You certainly don't have to do all of these but just doing one or two can help out the site quite a bit. Look through our top 10 community wish list for 2015 and help out where you can. Have questions or suggestions please post them in this thread.
- Take a moment and greet new members in the welcome forum. Nothing big just say hi, welcome and help them find the right forum.
- Flag inappropriate or spammy posts so the mods know about them. (hint: click the little red flag at the bottom or any post in question).
- Give reputation to members who consistently contribute quality posts to discussions (not just pretty pictures or people you like).
- Don't reply to every post just to be part of the discussion, give others a chance to join in. In other words don't hog the discussion and only post if you have something meaningful to contribute.
- Stay on topic. "Wait I thought we were talking about eggs? Were talking about baby pigs now? I am confused.." As tempting as it might be if you want to talk about something different start a new thread.
- Help other members make informed decisions and post a review or two of your favorite cooking products, cookbooks, or culinary school you attended Review Tutorial
- Do you have a special technique on how to prepare something? Post a "how-to" article in the articles section with photos and descriptions.
- Tag your discussion with products or topics mentioned. Learn more about tagging here: Tagging Tutorial Best Practices in Tagging
- Embed threads or products rather than link. Use this button (on the extended toolbar) paste in a link to a product or discussion thread (not a specific post).
- Sell your stuff in the trading forums.