What kind of help are you looking for?
I have a lot of experience within the B&I space designing kitchens and being exposed to operational concerns for the operator. Although most of my clients offer fully subsidized programs, some also do partially subsidized.
Some questions I have are:
- Are meals fully subsidized, partially subsidized, or no subsidy?
- What is the participation rate among employees?
- What type of company is this (what industry)? What type of employees (engineers, accountants, call center, factory workers, etc)
- What is your arrangement with company? Do you pay rent? Do they pay for all the catering? What does your contract specify?
- Is the "restaurant" open to the public?
- Is the space built out already? Are you doing any remodel? Who is responsible for making any changes?
- Do you have enough seating? Are lunch periods staggered? How many turns will you need to do? Has this been verified with the employer? This is super important if you expect
- How do you handle queueing?
- How long is each employees lunch period? Will you be able to handle the rush in the peak half hour?
- Who determines menu?
- For your situation, you probably want to consider offering 1-2 hot "specials" + sides. A la minute will be quite difficult for that volume in my experience. Don't forget special dietary menu items also.
- Who determines pricing?
- I would advise operating a small coffee kiosk/counter with minimal pastries all day so you can serve employees throughout the workday.
- Utilize Grab n Go items where possible