I've been looking for a stainless roasting pan for doing a full size prime rib.
I believe a full prime rib (7 bones) is approximate 18" long?
I already shop at the local restaurant supply stores, and have looked research online.
It seems that 16" and less, I can find what I like, but not in a size I need.
- heavy duty, bomb-proof and built like a tank
- with an elevated wire rack
- Large ergonomic handles.
However, anything above that, and it seems I'm squarely in commercial equipment territory,
And my only options seem to be:
2. Carbon steel
I already own 2 of the larger carbon steel roasters, but they don't quite hit the marks.
I don't like:
- how they are prone to rusting,
- Rusting means I can't double their use for braises
- I have to jury rig a setup with ramekins holding up a residential oven rack to elevate my roast.
Does anything in the 18-19" size exist that looks like the roaster above?
What's used in a commercial setting? A hotel pan?
How would the meat be elevated for proper air circulation on the bottom?