Hello everyone, I just translated a recipe from my country (Indonesia), so here I would like someone to give comment about this recipe that I had translated (please don't give comment about the grammar) any comments would be appreciated, also include your simple CV such as name, job, age and origin.oh I almost forgot this is for my paper. Thank You :)))
STEAMED CHICKEN WITH BASIL
WRAPPED IN BANANA LEAF
- A half of regular chicken, cut into 7 pieces
- Some sprigs of basil
- 1 pcs tomato, slice into 7 pieces
- 1 cm galangal
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 cm turmeric
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 cloves shallots
- MSG-Flavor Enhancer to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbs sugar
- 1 tsp candlenuts
- 2 pcs limes
- 4 tbs cooking oil for sautéing
- Banana leaves/ aluminum foil to wrap, cut into 7 pieces
- Marinate the chicken with limes and set aside for a while, then wash it cleanly.
- Grind all the ingredients, and sauté them until the smells is good.
- Put in chicken, add 3 tbs water, and mix until it dried.
- Prepare the banana leaves/aluminum foil to wrap. Sun-dried the banana leaves until the leaves are withered (this is not necessary if you use Aluminum foil).
- Put the basils on the each of banana leaves/aluminum foil
- Put 1 cut of chicken on the basils, and put the basils again on the chicken. So the chicken is coated with basils, and then put 1 slice of tomato on the top of it.
- Wrap and roll the chicken neatly and fasten the edges with toothpicks. (If you use aluminum foil, just crimp the edges to seal the foil pocket).
- Repeat the step 6 and 7. One wrap for one cut of chicken.
- Steam for 40 minutes.
- And the dish is ready to serve.