I know it's a simple, All-American classic comfort food, but I don't think you'll ever get any better of a recipe than this. Many others always lacked flavor or zip no matter how much cheese was added. Not going to put the measurements; any cook should be able to figure out what they need for it:
For the cheese sauce:
1. Get butter and flour and make a roux.
2. Add heavy cream and mix in.
3. Add chicken base, sauterne cooking wine, salt, pepper, and paprika (for a more enhanced color)
4. Add American cheese slices (not those cellophane-wrapped ones, eww!), shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and shredded parmesan
5. Mix in macaroni that is al dente and add to baking dish
6. Top with bread crumbs mixed with a little paprika and bake 400 for about 20 minutes.
Love to hear any other great recipes for this!