Senior Chef - Upminster, Essex
My Client has been running this Café/Restaurant for over 7 years with a reputation that is second to none. They are now looking for a Senior Chef who can carry on the mantle of providing exceptional quality traditional home style cooking and carry on providing their large and very regular customer base the service they have become accustomed to.
- Ordering and stock control of food and related items.
- Ensuring the correct receipt, storage and disposal of foodstuffs
- Constructing kitchen budgets
- Participating in the development of training and appraisal of kitchen staff.
- Preparation and cooking of food for clients.
- Maintain a clean and tidy kitchen.
- Ensure the maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Adhere to all Health, Safety and Environmental Health Regulations
The ideal Candidate will show great responsibility and have good initiative when the floor gets busy, taking charge and making sure organisation remains. They will have creative input in the food being served and their influence should grow over time until they have full creative autonomy.
- Leading a team of between 5-7 staff at a time
- Serving upto 70 covers at a time
- Must be available to work weekends
- Active in regular function booking
The current team are an extremely tight-knit, experienced and hard working group which is reflected in work ethic so there is nowhere to hide! The customer base is also very loyal and will pull no punches should their be a change in standards - the ideal Candidate will also be able to become part of the profit share scheme and have a great influence on all matters moving forward.
SALARY & PACKAGE:
- £20-£30,000 Salary
- Profit-share scheme
- 40 hours a week
- No split shifts
- Shift patterns - 7-3 or 9-5
This vacancy will suit a Chef who can work in line with an established customer base and keep a smile on their faces whilst implementing their own ideas along the way.