Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FREEZING TARTE TATIN Last post on 7/26/15 at 1:00pm in Pastries & Baking
- How to salvage pastry? Last post on 11/26/16 at 4:29pm in Food & Cooking
- March 14 Is Pi Day Last post on 3/15/14 at 11:48am in The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)
- Problems with blind baking a quiche crust Last post on 4/1/14 at 1:22am in Pastries & Baking
- Peanut Butter Pie Last post on 4/3/10 at 5:13pm in Professional Chefs
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hmmmmm. Dalmore. 50 year. I keep staring at that picture with longing. Imagine a lost puppy.
I want to humbly thank The Academy, my partner. . . sniff, sniff.
Seriously, thank you. Many, many, excellent entries. . .Great work everyone.
I am currently in Europe, and hope to have next months challenge up tomorrow morning, the 2nd.
- The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE
- › Rosemary, star anis, thyme, and lemon zest 25 seconds ago
- › Homemade Mexican corn chips in a small restaurant - Tips! 16 minutes ago
- › January 2017 Cooking Challenge 21 minutes ago
- › Country Club Banquet Sales 41 minutes ago
- › Most memorable stupid orders you've gotten 47 minutes ago
- › How to cook pork chops so they are not dry? 50 minutes ago
- › Chicken Breast for 200 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Which do you prefer? 4 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › BF wants a Shun, but..... 5 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather