Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FREEZING TARTE TATIN Last post on 7/26/15 at 1:00pm in Pastries & Baking
- How to salvage pastry? Last post on 11/26/16 at 4:29pm in Food & Cooking
- March 14 Is Pi Day Last post on 3/15/14 at 11:48am in The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)
- Problems with blind baking a quiche crust Last post on 4/1/14 at 1:22am in Pastries & Baking
- Peanut Butter Pie Last post on 4/3/10 at 5:13pm in Professional Chefs
I'm heading into my 4th summer with this factory refurbished machine. It has been reliable and does the job it is intended to do very well, though a bit loudly. I use it heavily during the summer...
Overall, since purchasing this knife, I have not been disappointed at all. The highlights, begin with the rounded hilt and blade top, which reduce the stress on the palms and make calluses a...
I've owned this tenderizer for about a year and a half. Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's...
Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter like this for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's perforated to make it tender. So I bought one with...
I have four Microplanes in my knife drawer: two zester/graters, one ribbon grater, and one spice grater. Mine all date back to the "classic series," meaning they have the black plastic handle --...
The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hmmmmm. Dalmore. 50 year. I keep staring at that picture with longing. Imagine a lost puppy.
I want to humbly thank The Academy, my partner. . . sniff, sniff.
Seriously, thank you. Many, many, excellent entries. . .Great work everyone.
I am currently in Europe, and hope to have next months challenge up tomorrow morning, the 2nd.
- The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE
- › What did you have for dinner? 12 minutes ago
- › What knives do you sharpen the most often? 30 minutes ago
- › Red Writing Hood 54 minutes ago
- › Canada or US ?? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Flat top grill scraper and cleaning method 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Buying Advice Japanese Chef Knife 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › I've come for a visit 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › wild boar bacon...what to do? 4 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Dalstrong phantom 4 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › natural stones 5 hours ago
- › Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt,... by ChicagoTerry
- › Friedr. Dick 1905 Exclusive Series 10-Inch Chef's Knife by JVKolich
- › Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Loen 48-blade Meat Tenderizer Meat Neddle (White) by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Microplane 46220 Premium Zester/Grater, Turquoise by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Roasted Chinese Pork Belly
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise