Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FREEZING TARTE TATIN Last post on 7/26/15 at 1:00pm in Pastries & Baking
- How to salvage pastry? Last post on 11/26/16 at 4:29pm in Food & Cooking
- March 14 Is Pi Day Last post on 3/15/14 at 11:48am in The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)
- Problems with blind baking a quiche crust Last post on 4/1/14 at 1:22am in Pastries & Baking
- Peanut Butter Pie Last post on 4/3/10 at 5:13pm in Professional Chefs
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
A very good way to get into Japanese blades since very good bang for the buck. Familiar blade and handle shape. Very good steel, comes with and keeps a good sharp edge ... but if you need to touch...
I picked up the Miyabi 8" chef's (600D) as an upgrade to my Henckels when I found it on sale and was not disappointed. Feels a bit lighter and more agile in the hand compared to the Germans since...
Wüsthof is one of the "big name" Germans for a reason, over 200 years. Their professional tier lines are all solid, and the choice may end up being just personal taste over the exact look/material...
The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hmmmmm. Dalmore. 50 year. I keep staring at that picture with longing. Imagine a lost puppy.
I want to humbly thank The Academy, my partner. . . sniff, sniff.
Seriously, thank you. Many, many, excellent entries. . .Great work everyone.
I am currently in Europe, and hope to have next months challenge up tomorrow morning, the 2nd.
- The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE
- › Close to making a purchase. Wanted to reach out to the experts. 20 minutes ago
- › I'm fired...I think? 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Not Sure what to do? 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › In need of some direction 6 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › sharpening stone makeup 6 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › difference between cuts 7 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Pork bits 10 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › soft tortilla woes-tooooooo many crackers instead 11 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Large volume salt - storage and cooking 11 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork