Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FREEZING TARTE TATIN Last post on 7/26/15 at 1:00pm in Pastries & Baking
- How to salvage pastry? Last post on 11/26/16 at 4:29pm in Food & Cooking
- March 14 Is Pi Day Last post on 3/15/14 at 11:48am in The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)
- Problems with blind baking a quiche crust Last post on 4/1/14 at 1:22am in Pastries & Baking
- Peanut Butter Pie Last post on 4/3/10 at 5:13pm in Professional Chefs
I got mine a little over two years ago as a christmas gift and I still use it every day. An overall solid knife, nothing to write home about, but out of the box it'll cut anything you need it to,...
Almost 2 years ago now, ChefTalk had a random-draw giveaway for one of these cutting boards. What you had to do was to write a review of a cutting board you use. I wrote one, and it was randomly...
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hmmmmm. Dalmore. 50 year. I keep staring at that picture with longing. Imagine a lost puppy.
I want to humbly thank The Academy, my partner. . . sniff, sniff.
Seriously, thank you. Many, many, excellent entries. . .Great work everyone.
I am currently in Europe, and hope to have next months challenge up tomorrow morning, the 2nd.
- The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE
- › Did or did you not go to culinary school? Was it worth it? 4 minutes ago
- › Do I even need a santoku 2 hours ago
- › Garlic shrimp scampi pasta - cheese or no cheese? 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Struggling as a line cook... 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Honesuki or Western Boning Knife? 5 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Favorite afterwork drink to relax with? 6 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Your opinion on breakfast potato recipes 7 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Culinary school - baking and pastry arts in Canada 7 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Commercial Kitchen For RENT South Florida 9 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Considering switch from traditional POS to tablet based system 14 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails