- itemBeginning with Chiles: How to Roast, Peel and Prepare Chile Peppers for Authentic Mexican Salsas, Stuffers and Seasonings.tagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
- categoryGardentagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
- itemOut of the Woods of Oregon Red Bell Pepper Shaped Board with Dipping Bowl and Spreadertagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
- topicRoastingtagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
- itemStaub Oval Roasting Dish, 11 Inch, Pimento Redtagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone have a wonderful recipe for aji amarillo ? Last post on 11/3/15 at 12:39pm in Food & Cooking
- Meyer Lemons, Internationally Last post on 10/21/15 at 9:53am in Food & Cooking
- Preserving apples! Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:01pm in Food & Cooking
- Any good guide for to start growing stuff? Last post on 9/3/15 at 3:14pm in Food & Cooking
- Avocado pit Last post on 10/27/15 at 5:13am in Food & Cooking
How To Roast The Perfect Chicken
Last edited: 1/7/12
- Roasting Coffee At Home In A Popcorn PopperLast edited: 9/6/11
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
- Roasting Coffee At Home In A Popcorn Popper
Sophia natural roasted red peppers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There are places you could use it I guess, sort of like our recent pickle juice discussion. But it's not a bold flavor and I think it has a sliminess I'd be reticent to add to my food. My point about bold flavors is that they're more interesting in the small amounts you add because of all the salt and acid these canned liquids contain. But for commercially roasted peppers, there's just not enough going on with the flavor to make it worthwhile.
I'd rather use a fresh or roasted garlic than a pickled one for my preferences.
- Sophia natural roasted red peppers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best way to store lemons & limes? 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Banquets & Catering or A la carte ? Which direction to take? 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Looking for a type of culinary job that is 9-5 5 days a week. 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Demi glacé Sauce 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Help with choosing whetstone please. 4 hours ago
- › 24 hours eggs sous vide 4 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Most memorable stupid orders you've gotten 7 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Which do you prefer? 8 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › how to price a catering job ? 8 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather