- itemBeginning with Chiles: How to Roast, Peel and Prepare Chile Peppers for Authentic Mexican Salsas, Stuffers and Seasonings.tagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
- categoryGardentagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
- itemOut of the Woods of Oregon Red Bell Pepper Shaped Board with Dipping Bowl and Spreadertagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
- topicRoastingtagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
- itemStaub Oval Roasting Dish, 11 Inch, Pimento Redtagged by Nicko, 1/16/16
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone have a wonderful recipe for aji amarillo ? Last post on 11/3/15 at 12:39pm in Food & Cooking
- Meyer Lemons, Internationally Last post on 10/21/15 at 9:53am in Food & Cooking
- Preserving apples! Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:01pm in Food & Cooking
- Any good guide for to start growing stuff? Last post on 9/3/15 at 3:14pm in Food & Cooking
- Avocado pit Last post on 10/27/15 at 5:13am in Food & Cooking
How To Roast The Perfect Chicken
Last edited: 1/7/12
- Roasting Coffee At Home In A Popcorn PopperLast edited: 9/6/11
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
A very good way to get into Japanese blades since very good bang for the buck. Familiar blade and handle shape. Very good steel, comes with and keeps a good sharp edge ... but if you need to touch...
I picked up the Miyabi 8" chef's (600D) as an upgrade to my Henckels when I found it on sale and was not disappointed. Feels a bit lighter and more agile in the hand compared to the Germans since...
Wüsthof is one of the "big name" Germans for a reason, over 200 years. Their professional tier lines are all solid, and the choice may end up being just personal taste over the exact look/material...
- Roasting Coffee At Home In A Popcorn Popper
Sophia natural roasted red peppers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There are places you could use it I guess, sort of like our recent pickle juice discussion. But it's not a bold flavor and I think it has a sliminess I'd be reticent to add to my food. My point about bold flavors is that they're more interesting in the small amounts you add because of all the salt and acid these canned liquids contain. But for commercially roasted peppers, there's just not enough going on with the flavor to make it worthwhile.
I'd rather use a fresh or roasted garlic than a pickled one for my preferences.
- Sophia natural roasted red peppers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What did you have for dinner? 4 minutes ago
- › New gyuto 210-240mm range. 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Chocolate 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › pizza making 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Gino's East Pizza Crust 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Equipment for small bakery? 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Buying Advice Japanese Chef Knife 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › The Four Pillars of Wine for Beginners 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Newbe question 4 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Hi everyone 5 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower