ready to use glaze
Any particular flavor? Chocolate? Caramel?
Yield: about 600 g/21.2 oz chocolate glaze
Gelatin sheets 10 grams
Sugar 210 grams
Water 110 grams
Cocoa powder 65 grams
Heavy cream 65 grams
Dark chocolate 50 grams
1. In a medium-sized bowl, bloom the sheet gelatin in plenty of cold water. If using powdered gelatin, sprinkle the powder over 50.4 g/1.8 oz cold water in the bowl. Let the gelatin bloom for at least 10 minutes before using.
2. Bring the sugar, water, cocoa powder, and Heavy cream to a boil while stirring constantly.
3. When it comes to a boil, stir in the chocolate and mix until dissolved.
4. Squeeze the excess water off the bloomed gelatin, add it to the pot, and stir until dissolved.
5. Pass the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, or use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until it is smooth and glossy
6. Transfer the chocolate glaze mixture to a jar, and cover the surface of the chocolate glaze with plastic wrap.
7. Chill in the refrigerator overnight before using.
8. When you’re to use it, warm the chocolate glaze to the temperature between 44°C/110°F) before using it. If you do get a a lot of air bubbles in the glaze, strain it through a fine mesh strainer before using, otherwise the tiny bubbles will show on the finished cake.
6.2 oz. 175 g Sugar
6.2 oz. 175 g water
5.3 oz. 150 g cream
.42 oz. 12 g cornstarch
4 leafs/.28 oz. 8 gr Gelatin
Caramel au sec. 1/3 of sugar at a time. Deglaze with ¾ of the water.
Use remaining water to make slurry with starch. Stir in and boil for 30 sec.
Whisk in cream. Whisk in Gelatin.
Cool to around 77 degrees F. It is now ready to use.
hope these help