Friend that Cooks Personal Chefs is seeking talented up and coming chefs to join our family in the cities listed above. This is a part time position that can grow to full time as your client list grows.The hours are mostly Mon-Fri morning and afternoons with occasional Friday and Saturday parties you will have the option of accepting or not accepting. Parties pay overtime whether you are over 40 hours or not.
To be a Friend that Cooks Chef, you must have the following traits:
- You must be outgoing and have the ability to make friends with people of all types, including the * elderly and disabled
- You must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test
- You must have very reliable transportation and be perfectly punctual
- You must have a cell phone with a data plan and be comfortable using phone apps
- You must be comfortable using email, MS Excel, MS Word, including scanning, attaching and emailing documents
- You must be a talented multi-tasker and be able to work quickly
- You must have very reliable transportation and capable of navigating yourself around the St. Louis metro
To be a Friend that Cooks Chef, you must have the following culinary skills:
- You must be able to look at a collection of ingredients and create dishes and recipes on the spot (think Chopped)
- You must be able to cook creative dishes from scratch without recipes
- You must be able to cook dishes by request from scratch without recipes
- You must be versed on many different ethnic cuisines including but not limited to Italian, Asian, Indian, Mexican, French, Caribbean, etc
- You must be knowledgeable of most special diets including but not limited to Celiac, Diabetic, low carb, low sodium, low fat, vegetarian, vegan, etc
- You must have a current food handlers card for Missouri and Illinois
- A culinary degree is preferred but not required
- Candidates who have a dietetics degree will be given extra consideration
- Candidates who have kitchen production line supervisor and/or banquet chef experience will be given extra consideration
If you meet all of our requirements, you may be the ideal candidate for a job you will absolutely LOVE. Friend that Cooks personal chefs enjoy a LOT of creative freedom to do what they love and work hours that people in the food service industry don't often get to experience. The right candidate will start at $15 ($17 in Chicago) per hour, with good potential for growth as we grow. Automatic overtime for parties worked on evenings and weekends if you choose to accept the hours when available. Our chefs also occasionally earn tips. Full time chefs earn benefits.
Reply to this ad at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and three references. Replies that do not follow the application procedures will not be considered. We do not call applicants before reviewing resumes.