Blackpool Pleasure Beach is an award winning, family owned amusement park, home to the latest rides and attractions and an array of legendary shows. The business has been open for 120 years and were voted winners of the 2014 Trip Advisor Travellers Choice awards.
The business is going from strength to strength with continuous investment in their retail and catering offering.
The catering business is a £multi million operation, with sites ranging from one man bands, to full service restaurants. There is an array of culinary styles, including Mexican street food, Italian, BBQ and Asian Wok, which need to be kept up to date with market trends annually.
- Three Area Managers report into this role
- All 22 sites within the 42 acre park
- Staff recruitment and retention; this is predominantly a seasonal workforce with additional contract staff in peak periods. The Operations Manager needs to ensure the business is bringing in the right people with a passion for hospitality, as well as motivating/developing them through reward incentives, in depth training programs and appraisals.
- Driving customer service to ensure consistency of sites; there are 1000’s of guests in the park at peak period and service needs to have the same high energy and detail focus regardless of how many visitors. This will be monitored through mystery shopper results.
- Hands on development of staff, as well as being hands on in units when necessary
- Control stock loss/wastage
- Maintaining their 5 star food hygiene rating and other regulatory standards
The Successful Applicant
The Operations Manager doesn't need to be the finished article, however they must have the following to be successful in the role:
- P&L experience.
- Managed £multi million turnover operation either at a large single site or multi-site level (multi-site preferred).
- Food service experience, as well as a passion for hospitality and new ideas.
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Someone who can adapt their style to varying levels of management.
- Is task focused but with a sense of humour; this is a close team who enjoy the social side of team building and competitive events and they want someone who will join in with this culture.
- Ability to make quick decisions and problem solve efficiently.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary dependent on experience plus health care, 28 days holiday (including Christmas), pension, encouraged to complete training and additional qualifications paid for by the business. Progression.
Apply for this job
Apply using this link: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/276cde7b3c3b