Related Forum Threads
- What is the best grinder for Greek coffee? Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:09am in Food & Cooking
- Does Greek coffee had more or less caffiene than espresso? Last post on 8/16/10 at 11:55pm in Food & Cooking
- Re-roasting coffee beans: can it be done? Last post on 12/6/15 at 7:26am in Food & Cooking
- Making French Press Coffee: how coarse should the grind be? Last post on 3/10/10 at 12:39pm in Food & Cooking
- Coffee art, you must see these Last post on 3/9/10 at 2:14pm in The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)
Kauai Coffee Company
Last edited: 9/16/10
- Roasting Coffee At Home In A Popcorn PopperLast edited: 9/6/11
- The History Of CoffeeLast edited: 2/16/10
- Searching For The Perfect Cup Of Coffee Part Two Costa RicaLast edited: 2/16/10
- Searching For The Perfect Cup Of Coffee Part One Costa RicaLast edited: 2/16/10
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
Coffee getting worse.post #1 of 511/21/02 at 8:03amThread Starter
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 511/21/02 at 6:19pmAll the more reason sure to buy ONLY Fair Trade coffee.
Good Quality, a Living Wage to the Growers, and Environmental Stewardship of the Coffee Farms.
Check out Equal Exchange Coffee.post #3 of 512/2/02 at 1:02pmThat was a great explanation as to why I see differences from week to week in the coffee beans I buy from "traditional" supermarkets. Which I stopped buying.
I live in Massachusetts and now buy coffee from a supermarket chain called Natural Harvest....(lot's of organic and they bought out "Bread & Circus")
Natural Harvest roasts their own beans on the premises and the quality is excellent. Of course, it's more expensive ($8 to $9 a pound) but the difference is unmistakeable!
We like their extra dark French Roast....it has been consistent in it's freshness, color and flavor. and the bins are marked as to the date the beans were roasted. It is common for me to be able to buy beans roasted that day.
Can you tell me more about the coffee exchange you referred to?LRLRpost #4 of 512/2/02 at 3:17pmThread StarterNo, I'm just quoting a newspaper article.
I don't drink coffee for many reasons. Cheif among them, to me, french roast smells like a stale tunafish salad sandwich on wheat bread in a paper sack.
But I knew there were many coffee afficianados here.
Philpost #5 of 512/2/02 at 5:24pmEqual Exchange Coffee is a cooperative that distributes fair trade coffees. I believe they are located in Brookline, MA---if not there, somewhere in MA or New England.
They work to organize small coffee growers around the world into cooperatives that provide living wages for the farmers and producers, support sustainable agriculture (preventing environmental degradation) and bring fair market pricing standards for their product.
The coffees are great, too.
- Coffee getting worse.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- Roasting Coffee At Home In A Popcorn Popper
Currently, there are 374 Active Users (3 Members and 371 Guests)
- › Help Me Find Buy-it-For-Life Knives 50 minutes ago
- › My birthday is this week! 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Hello is choosing chef job is wise idea? 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Feet in excruciating pain after 13 hour shift 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Failing Practical exam for CC twice 5 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › When fancy plating fails? 5 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 5 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Holding Baozi during service 6 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Cooking Challenge: Squash 6 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Grilling (NOT smoking) Saint Louis ribs? 7 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked