Dear ChefTalk Community,
It is with a heavy heart that I have to report the passing of our beloved long time community member Chef Ed Buchanan (@chefedb). Ed's wife Barbara contacted me this morning and said Ed had been struggling with being ill for sometime and he passed away February 21, 2016.
Chef Ed (@chefedb and a previous username @ED BUCHANAN) was a long time member of ChefTalk.com and was in the top 10 posters (#3 actually at the time of this post) of the community with 8,949 posts. Ed was deeply loved by the community and was an outstanding resource for hundreds seeking help with kitchen work and cooking skills. Ed had an extensive career as a chef and a few highlights are:
- Retired ,Former Instructor Culinary Arts. NYC Board of Ed.
- Been in food business over 55 years Ex Chef largest on premise catering facility in US ,$ volume in excess of 17 Million a year, 10,000 covers weekly
- Owner operator Kater King Ltd NYC
- Former Chef City Club Palm Beach,Terrace on the Park NYC
- .Award Winner Foundation Escoffier 1966.
- Specializing Classical Cuisine & Garde Manger
- Apprenticeship Program NYC Hotel Asso. Negresco Hotel Niece /Monte Carlo France Friars Club NYC.
Ed had many hobbies and we all know how much he loved cats. His hobbies included:
- Food experimenting/chemistry
- One of original founders Long.Island.Culinary Asso.
- Volunteer 2 Animal Shelters Palm Beach County,
- Specializing in cat behavior.
- Fosters Cats ,over 100 a year
- Author of a book on KITTEN FOSTERING
Please use this thread to post a thoughtful comment about Chef Ed. I will pass the URL of this memorial post on to his wife Barbara I am sure she will appreciate seeing how much Ed was loved the ChefTalk community.