Hi All -
Looking for some advice to balance this basic yellow cake recipe. Any ideas or see anything 'off'?
Also, thinking about subbing the all-purpose flour for cake flour. Any idea how to substitute by weight?
- 227 g (1 cup) unsalted butter – room temperature
- 400 g (2 cups) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs + 1 large egg yolk – room temperature
- 10 oz (1 and 1/4 cups) whole milk – room temperature
- 390 g (2 and 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract