New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Glazing technique?

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 

Hello, i came along this insta video   and was wondering what type of glazing this is? can u plase help me

post #2 of 3

Welcome to Chef Talk @Aleevy.

Pretty pastry.

Looks like a thick caramel or maple icing/glaze.

Since it was ID'd in the accompanying thread as a coffee éclair it could be either one.

Couple of ways to get it thick but I would use a cooked sugar base as the ones with tons of powdered sugar are just way too sweet and may overpower the pastry cream.



post #3 of 3

I have just one question.......what do YOU mean what type of glazing is this?? Your title says "Professional Pastry Chef" so how is it that you do NOT know what it is? Please, if you are not a professional pastry chef do not use that moniker.......major pet peeve. 


To answer your question though, it is a simple glaze and it looks like because it has the opaque colour to it they used milk instead of water for it. The thread says that it is a coffee eclair so the main flavour used would have been powdered coffee or brewed coffee mixed with the milk. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pastries & Baking