- itemBruce Aidells's Complete Book of Pork: A Guide to Buying, Storing, and Cooking the World's Favorite Meattagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
- itemCharcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curingtagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
- itemProfessional Charcuterie: Sausage Making, Curing, Terrines, and Ptstagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
- itemThe Art of Charcuterietagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
Related Forum Threads
- Homemade Pancetta Last post on 5/24/15 at 9:28am in Food & Cooking
- March 2015 Challenge: MINCE Last post on 4/19/15 at 11:53am in Food & Cooking
- My latest bacon Last post on 3/25/14 at 1:23pm in Food & Cooking
- April 2016 Challenge........BACON Last post on 5/3/16 at 5:10am in Food & Cooking
- How long does bacon fat last in the fridge? Last post on 1/18/16 at 12:45am in Food & Cooking
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
Center of Salami Retaining Moisture
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a Facebook group called The Salt Cured Pig, a whole lot of knowledgeable folks there. Lots of good reading.
...and also Salumi, Charcuterie and Wurst at Facebook:
Best and I'm a foodie. I know very little but the little that I know I want to know very well.
What ratio are you using for your mix? Fat to protein etc? Have you tried taking the temp down to 50?
Looking at Fritz Sonnenschmidt's book:
Furst ;) incubation phase, 2 days at 70F, 75-85% humidity.
Second is 50-60F, no humidity given, and can take up to 8 months depending on the type of Salami.. Wonder why he doesn't give the humidity.
I also use Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing You should try adding a small bowl of water for a little more moisture.
- Center of Salami Retaining Moisture
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Very Large Bubbles in Pizza Dough 45 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 3 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Rosemary, star anis, thyme, and lemon zest 5 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Which do you prefer? 6 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › New thread. New questions. New answers? 6 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › natural stones 8 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a knife, under $80 9 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Young chefstudent in doubt about carrer 12 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Any of you guys featured on Diners, Drive ins and Dives? 12 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Looking for a type of culinary job that is 9-5 5 days a week. 13 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather