- itemBruce Aidells's Complete Book of Pork: A Guide to Buying, Storing, and Cooking the World's Favorite Meattagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
- itemCharcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curingtagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
- itemProfessional Charcuterie: Sausage Making, Curing, Terrines, and Ptstagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
- itemThe Art of Charcuterietagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
Related Forum Threads
- Homemade Pancetta Last post on 5/24/15 at 9:28am in Food & Cooking
- March 2015 Challenge: MINCE Last post on 4/19/15 at 11:53am in Food & Cooking
- My latest bacon Last post on 3/25/14 at 1:23pm in Food & Cooking
- April 2016 Challenge........BACON Last post on 5/3/16 at 5:10am in Food & Cooking
- How long does bacon fat last in the fridge? Last post on 1/18/16 at 12:45am in Food & Cooking
I've owned this tenderizer for about a year and a half. Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's...
Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter like this for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's perforated to make it tender. So I bought one with...
I have four Microplanes in my knife drawer: two zester/graters, one ribbon grater, and one spice grater. Mine all date back to the "classic series," meaning they have the black plastic handle --...
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
Center of Salami Retaining Moisture
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a Facebook group called The Salt Cured Pig, a whole lot of knowledgeable folks there. Lots of good reading.
...and also Salumi, Charcuterie and Wurst at Facebook:
Best and I'm a foodie. I know very little but the little that I know I want to know very well.
What ratio are you using for your mix? Fat to protein etc? Have you tried taking the temp down to 50?
Looking at Fritz Sonnenschmidt's book:
Furst ;) incubation phase, 2 days at 70F, 75-85% humidity.
Second is 50-60F, no humidity given, and can take up to 8 months depending on the type of Salami.. Wonder why he doesn't give the humidity.
I also use Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing You should try adding a small bowl of water for a little more moisture.
- Center of Salami Retaining Moisture
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › On the road 36 minutes ago
- › Hi From Hong Kong 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Chicken Broth Evaporation 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › EGGS 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › What separates a good chef from a great chef? 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Being paid commission as 1099 7 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Rheumatoid arthritis & the claw 8 hours ago
- › hello everyone 11 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Quick Pickups for Starters in a Hot Oven! 11 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › What's in your kniferoll? 11 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Loen 48-blade Meat Tenderizer Meat Neddle (White) by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Microplane 46220 Premium Zester/Grater, Turquoise by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › How much u will buy this plate?
- › Roasted Chinese Pork Belly
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream