- itemBruce Aidells's Complete Book of Pork: A Guide to Buying, Storing, and Cooking the World's Favorite Meattagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
- itemCharcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curingtagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
- itemProfessional Charcuterie: Sausage Making, Curing, Terrines, and Ptstagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
- itemThe Art of Charcuterietagged by Nicko, 4/26/16
Related Forum Threads
- Homemade Pancetta Last post on 5/24/15 at 9:28am in Food & Cooking
- March 2015 Challenge: MINCE Last post on 4/19/15 at 11:53am in Food & Cooking
- My latest bacon Last post on 3/25/14 at 1:23pm in Food & Cooking
- April 2016 Challenge........BACON Last post on 5/3/16 at 5:10am in Food & Cooking
- How long does bacon fat last in the fridge? Last post on 1/18/16 at 12:45am in Food & Cooking
I got mine a little over two years ago as a christmas gift and I still use it every day. An overall solid knife, nothing to write home about, but out of the box it'll cut anything you need it to,...
Almost 2 years ago now, ChefTalk had a random-draw giveaway for one of these cutting boards. What you had to do was to write a review of a cutting board you use. I wrote one, and it was randomly...
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
Center of Salami Retaining Moisture
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a Facebook group called The Salt Cured Pig, a whole lot of knowledgeable folks there. Lots of good reading.
...and also Salumi, Charcuterie and Wurst at Facebook:
Best and I'm a foodie. I know very little but the little that I know I want to know very well.
What ratio are you using for your mix? Fat to protein etc? Have you tried taking the temp down to 50?
Looking at Fritz Sonnenschmidt's book:
Furst ;) incubation phase, 2 days at 70F, 75-85% humidity.
Second is 50-60F, no humidity given, and can take up to 8 months depending on the type of Salami.. Wonder why he doesn't give the humidity.
I also use Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing You should try adding a small bowl of water for a little more moisture.
- Center of Salami Retaining Moisture
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Electric of Gas Tilt Skillet Better? 13 minutes ago
- › Family Trip To Austin TX...... 23 minutes ago
- › Which do you prefer? 48 minutes ago
- › Professionally written recipes? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › RECALL 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Choosing a Japanese Knife 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Did or did you not go to culinary school? Was it worth it? 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Pie Crust 3 hours ago
- › Shaoxing Rice Wine 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › What are the best/your favorite fillings for arepas? 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails