Rules of The Kitchen
1. If one station has more than 5 items(not tickets) and you are NOT COOKING for a ticket, help them---no exceptions!!!
2. If you have nothing to do, please look at daily check list, then downtime check list, then find something to do. If I or the Sous find you doing nothing, you will be cleaning---You have been warned.
3. Stay BUSY or you will be BUSY…..CLEANING!!!
4. If I see you using your phone 3 times and it’s not work related, it will be taken away for the day, returned @ end of shift.
5. No MUSIC. No headphones even if you are "not listening to music.”
6. DO NOT LITTER your Cigarette Butts…make sure they are properly out and place in garbage and wash hands.
7. Ask food runner for your drink orders who will in turn ask the barback or bartender.
8. Once alcohol has been purchased, please do not re-enter the worksite again.
9. On off days, if you come in say hi and leave within 5 minutes.
10. Once Clocked out---please do not re-enter kitchen. No exceptions---unless you’re the chef or Chef on Duty.
11. If chef/sous asks you to do something, JUST DO IT.
12. Wear gloves when cleaning, portioning, handling all types of seafood.
13. NO EATING ON THE LINE. NO MORE TASTING FRIES!!! If you eat food, please eat upstairs in prep kitchen. Tasting
food to ensure it is good should be on the cooking side of the line. Expo will have tasting spoon that should be cleaned after use.
14. If you are running late, please let Chef or Sous know. Warnings will be given.
15. Never ever butcher raw chicken or pork downstairs during service hours.
16. Check with host for covers/reservations, but do not linger. You have been warned.
17. Wash hands every hour
18. Clean banes for spoons every hour.
19. If we have time, cook Family Meal. All meals must be approved by Chef On Duty.
20. When anyone from FOH enters kitchen except without reason, ask them a question about the food. If they're wrong, ask …………..them to leave ,but if they're right, ask another one until they're wrong then tell them to get out. If they get 5 right, let …………..them do what they want .