This is one excellent recipe for the dark chocolate cake I would like to share with all cake and dark chocolate lovers. I ve made this cake a few times and it is my favorite recipe. It s so delicious with homemade buttercream frosting- which is really easy to make.
The best is to use bittersweet chocolate medallions because their small size makes them easy to work with.
I prefer using organic chocolate.
-3/4 cup butter
-1 cup powdered sugar
-1/3 cup brown sugar
-3 egg yolks
-2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
-2 1/4 cups flour
-1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
-3/4 cup milk
-1/2 pound organic dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder (I like using red cocoa powder)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
2.Mix the butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, including extra yolk, one at a time, followed by vanilla.
3.Mix flour and baking soda in a separate bowl, then take turns mixing small amounts of the flour mixture, sour cream, and milk until all ingredients are mixed into the main bowl.
4.Place organic dark chocolate and cocoa powder into food processer and run for 10 seconds or until finely chopped. Mix into batter.
5. pour evenly into cake pans. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6.Wait until cakes are cooled, then frost with this recipe bellow.
Chocolate frosting ingredients:
-1/2 cup melted butter
-2/3 cup cocoa powder
-3 cups confectioner's sugar
-1/3 cup milk
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Stir melted butter and cocoa powder in bowl until evenly mixed.
2. Add confectioners sugar or milk.
3. Beat until smooth and can evenly spread.
4. Stir in vanilla extract.
5. Frost as you desire