I own/operate a food cart and have my first larger size catering gig coming up (100 person wedding of a friend of a friend, most I've done so far is 30 people) and would love some feedback on quantities. The food cart/menu is Indian inspired and since it's very hot, I'm sticking to salads and mostly cold items except my rice and chicken.
- Grilled tandoori chicken drumsticks - 60lbs (I serve these at my cart and they are farily large run about 3 drumsticsks per lb, I serve 2 per plate at the cart)
- Fried basmati rice - 25 cups raw
- Shredded slaw with lime-turmeric dressing - 20lbs (Also another cart menu item, comes out to about 2 lbs per quart)
- Mixed lettuce/greens salad - 10lbs lettuce mix from my farmers market, 3 lbs cherry tomatoes, 3 lbs lemon cucumbers
- 5 quarts salad dressing (Medium thickness, strawberry-lemon-cumin)
- 12 lb grilled and chilled spicy shrimp for salad topping (21-25/lb count)
- Yogurt raita with seasonal roasted veggies - 2 gallons yogurt, 3 lbs zucchini, 3lbs eggplants,
- Various chutneys (green mint and chilli, tomato, seasonal TBD fruit) - 2 quarts each
Does this seem like a good ammount, too much of certain things, too little of other things?
One thing related to this that I can't seem to figure out searching online is how many lbs of food can I put into a chaffing dish w/o it breaking? This will help me determine how many hotel pans (and cambro carriers) to rent.