Spices haven't featured often as the theme of the challenge. So I thought I should address that and I've chosen one of my favourite spices: saffron. It's well known that saffron is the most expensive of spices because its harvesting is so laborious. But you don't need to use very much to transform a dish. Its a very versatile spice too; it works as well in desserts as in savoury dishes.
So I'm looking forward to your ideas and inventions using this wonderful exotic spice.
A reminder of the rules (I had to remind myself so thought it worth posting them again!)
- The challenge begins on the 1st of every month and the last entry must be made by the last day of the month.
- You may post multiple entries.
- All entries must be cooked during the month of the challenge.
- If you use a documented recipe, please cite your source.
- Entries should include the name of your dish and a picture of the final product. Sharing personal recipes and pictures of the process are not mandatory but extremely helpful.
- The winner is chosen by the person who posted the challenge, and is announced after the last day of submissions. The decision is final and falls entirely at the discretion of the challenger.
- Submitting an entry makes you eligible to win. If you do not wish to be considered for the win you may still participate in the challenge, but make your wishes known to the challenger.
The winner’s bounty includes praise, virtual high-fives, and the responsibility of posting the next month’s challenge. That entails choosing a theme, posting a Challenge thread that includes the guidelines, checking in on the submissions regularly during the month, and promptly choosing a winner at the end of the challenge.