Ever try making traditional Matzah Balls?
2 tbsp Chicken fat, or vegetable oil
1/2 cup Matzo meal
1 tsp -Salt
1 1/2 tsp Dill, fresh, chopped
2 tbsp Chicken soup, or water
1. Combine eggs with chicken fat or oil.
2. In another bowl, combine matzo meal, salt and dill.
3. Stir 2 mixtures together, add chicken soup or water.
4. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Shape mixture (it should be like dough) into golf-ball sized balls, moistening hands with water to prevent sticking.
6. Drop balls into large pot of boiling water seasoned with salt and pepper.
7. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
8. After cooking, matzo balls should be the size of meatballs.
9. Remove matzo balls from water and place in chicken soup to absorb flavor.
Not necessarily traditional dumplings... but, hey, for some us they are!! Or, of course, you can always use Bisquick!! Works great!
Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple
My Author Page