Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m following the Santa Maria method though I couldn’t access the recipe for the rub. I rubbed it yesterday with salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme. Left in the fridge to dry brine. Planning on throwing it on the grill if hubs wants to help otherwisenim searing it and cooking it in the oven.

· Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cavender's Greek Seasoning is what I personally use on tri-tip (or any steak, really). I rub it in a little EVOO and then liberally apply the Cavender's. If you want to baste it, I would use an Argentine salmuera, which is essentially water and a LOT of salt, but I think basting is unnecessary if you're cooking it to medium-rare or medium.
Why why?
Product Font Line Screenshot Rectangle

· Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ingredient Recipe Dish Plant Cuisine
Quality is in the technique, not the ingredient.
As a farmer's daughter I couldn't disagree more! Everyone gets to die, not everyone really gets to live. Just look at this beautiful oregano harvested from our garden, no amount of msg can rival it. Greek seasoning at its finest.

· Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So we made the tri tip! I dry brined it and washed off the brine, let it come to room temp. We grilled it and it was cooked beautifully at 130F. Served it with roasted veggies and baked potato. The verdict... meh... really it didn't thrill me much and it reminded me of an eye round with better mouthfeel. It was a bit expensive too, $9 per pound. I think I prefer steak, but I'm glad we made it so now I now what all the fuss is about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.