Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Cavender's Greek Seasoning is what I personally use on tri-tip (or any steak, really). I rub it in a little EVOO and then liberally apply the Cavender's. If you want to baste it, I would use an Argentine salmuera, which is essentially water and a LOT of salt, but I think basting is unnecessary if you're cooking it to medium-rare or medium.

· Registered
113 Posts
Why? Because it tastes good. We're all going to die anyways, so who cares if it has MSG or other industrial fillers? At the end of the day, it tastes good, and that's what really matters, right? Most restaurant food is comprised of industrial fillers and low-grade products made to look better than they are. Quality is in the technique, not the ingredient.

· Registered
113 Posts
View attachment 65025

As a farmer's daughter I couldn't disagree more! Everyone gets to die, not everyone really gets to live. Just look at this beautiful oregano harvested from our garden, no amount of msg can rival it. Greek seasoning at its finest.
I don't dispute that your oregano is beautiful, but I still love Cavender's - it's a delicious blend. I suppose the key to living is being happy however you define it. For me, it's Cavender's. For you, it's your homegrown oregano. Η καμήλα δε βλέπει την καμπούρα της.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.