Chef Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my kids to the hospital for a checkup and a little boy opened his snack bag. He had a Grilled Cheese and Peanut Butter sandwich. The doctor saw him and told the boy's mother that "at least he is eating it in the right place".

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know marmalady, as much as I love nori, I dont love it that much. Ugh! He's gotta have a cast-iron stomache.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
If you eat sushi, you've probably had it -- it's used in rolls and some of those special cone-shaped hand-rolls (it's the cone part). Nori is thin pressed sheets of dried seaweed. It's dark green, shiny, crunchy, doesn't have much odor, tastes a little fishy, a little vegetal, a lot like the sea.

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
I recently served some seaweed to my seventh graders (finished a book on marine biology). One of the kids ate whole sheets of nori right out of the package. I couldn't watch!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ahhh..

I have indeed had Nori but never knew its name. I can see how it would go with Cottage Cheese as the Cottage Cheese has a neutral taste (like peanut butter).

Speaking of peanut butter, there are a few places that serve cheeseburgers with mayonnaise and peanut butter called the "Goober Burger". I tried one once and although it didn't taste bad, it just wasn't my style.

Dave

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hi, DL - I can see I'm going to have to introduce you to my hub! Then the two of you can go off in a corner and eat your cottage cheese and nori!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.