Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Super Moderator
869 Posts
I've been in the same position where I haven't been "big enough" to order from suppliers I've been familiar with and have ordered from in the past. My way around that was one of two things. First, a lot of suppliers won't deliver product unless you have a minimum dollar amount to make it worth their while, but they would let me will-call small orders, so maybe you should check out that option. Two, I utilized my connections with people I still knew in the business and I would ask if they would order in stuff for me and I would pre-pay for my order plus a small percentage to make it worth their while. Also, even if you don't know someone in the business, it doesn't hurt to go into an establishment and just ask them if they can order it in for you. If you offer to pay upfront and even offer a small percentage on top of that, they are usually quite amenable. 

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.