Chef Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use the Amore brand tomato paste and they also have anchovy paste.  I've never bought it.  I always open up a fresh can of anchovies each time I need anchovy paste but I don't use all of it, and then I store it away but throw it out.  Does the anchovy paste keep well because of how much salt is in it?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you saying I should use those for when I want to make a caesar?  Cause they sell them right around the block from me at the greek market.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Personally, I don't care for canned or tubed. If you are not utilizing an ingredient often enough, dump it and buy fresh. There are many applications for same ingredient.

There should be an expiration date on same.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You don't use lemon grass in the kind of volume where a food processor would work well, even to pre-process in bulk and store for later.
I see what you mean, but other ingredients add volume like garlic, onions, whatever else is going in the recipe along with the lemongrass to constitute throwing a little chunk in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.