Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
856 Posts
We do full menu, so I'm doing a ribeye special and I have some sturgeon in, so,I'll run two specials where I normally run one. Last year it was a thursday, so I think we're gonna get creamed, but it is also this year's A team vs. Last year's B team, so it should be fine. I got a pretty solid crew, but it is too much to hope that the whole restaurant doesn't sit & order at the same time.

· Registered
856 Posts
NYE is going to live in infamy as the night the servers were screwing up so bad, they rang in the wrong food for their employee meals. Seriously, I probably cooked $150 worth of food that no one wanted. I found out one of the servers had had a death in the family, but I was running HOT that night. Kitchen was fine; we weren't even busy, it was all ressies, no walk ins, and even when there is a lot on the books we don't really book up.

· Registered
856 Posts
You're right, sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes he eats you. That NYE service had me mad like that, but got through it, and was back to my normal self a day or two later. But yeah, sometimes it's unbelievable how bad some of the foh are. Others are rockstars, so, no blanket statments, but...ugh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.