Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Besh is amazing....40 minutes outside of New Orleans in Abita Springs, John found this old house while he was hunting mushrooms (YOU know I like this guy already)
Foie Gras terrine, warm with cherry compote
hot fresh inhouse made broiche toast, Sauturn
(not the car the drink gooby speller). White truffle risotto, lamb 3 ways....seafood bisque to die for (and I'm tough on soups)
....Wonderful guy, wonderful place too bad it's 11 hours away. (one of the few I pulled out my paper and pen and diagramed the plates.)

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John was one of the top ten chefs last year for Wine and Food....He also did a dinner at the Beard House...I love those Beard House mags....good ideas, Any way I had a house to sell in Baton Rouge and Abita is not ssoooo far away. When the Beard mag said he found restaurant on a mushroom foray that was all I needed. I'm not sure where he's worked...know several upscales in NO and France...he still goes back to France to do a Jazz Brunch every year (sounds like fun huh)

[This message has been edited by shroomgirl (edited September 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know about websites,just got on line recently. Beard Membership is a hefty $175 a year. Their publication is probably the most creatively influential I've seen.
Everyone puts out their best. If your in NYC it is absolutely the best deal in town!(except the $20.00 lunch series) Usually 5 courses of incredible food and good (not great) wine for under $100. We have 4 events in St. Louis every year...always a picnic in Sept. (9/16 this year) 600 people with 40 chefs cooking a dish (I made black trumpet duxelle on hot buttered crouton with a hit of tarragon) This year I'm cooking for the mushroom guys over that weekend oh well....2 places one girl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.