Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gee Nick I studied philosophy for two years and yours is a doozy. as a student long time ago I always thought I knew how to do things better..[not cocky but frustrated at being shown ways of doing things which I knew were not classically correct...well live and learn!!] but everyone will know a little more than the next person be it apprentice or sous chef cos of differing ethnic backgrounds, travel experiences and just your own experiments of doing something so many times [like a thousand] and discovering workable shortcuts ...I had an appprentice who was microwave mad and I tried to explain to her that the microwave should not be her only tool...then she showed me how to make an anglaise in the microwave!!! beautiful and I could not believe it...still try to keep her away from the microwave but then who knows where cooking will be in the next 10 - 20 years ...she may be the most valuable chef to have around? But here is another question 'IF I KNOW MORE THAN THE TEACHER WHY DO I LISTEN AND WATCH, DO I NEED THE TEACHER?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.