Chef Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that it can't be done, but no one really explained why. I'm looking to replace my home thermal oven with a convection one, but I fear I won't be able to bake cheesecakes anymore or they won't come out the same. Any baking advice? Anyone know of a home convection oven where I can turn the fan off?

·
Registered
338 Posts
yes you can. Folks say the same thing about creme brulee. I've been doing both for years in convections, just turn the fan off-if its an option-or lower the temp. Top with a sheetpan like momreg said to prevent browning.
Sorry not familiar with home ovens for a rec.
hth, danny

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just noticed on the Sears site that the Amana I was looking at read: "Thermal & Convection" under the "baking specs". I called Sears to verify and the salesman told me it's a thermal oven with a switch for convection baking. WONDERFUL! *does happy dance*

Thank you all for your replies. At least I know that it CAN be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.