Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there not a chef here , but I love to cook :) Had a question about white wine ? I usally use Chardonay in chicken dishes like Chicken picatta. Is that the best choice and once you open a bottle how long can you keep it in the fridge . Have one of those things you pump air back into bottle but do not know how long it will keep. Also the same with bottled sherry. Also can you use cream sherry in recipes denoting sherry so you do not have to buy both kinds. Thanks ... am sure I will think of other question to pop to you guys:)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all :) yeah I stopped using cooking wines many many years ago . If you can not drink the wine why bother to use it in food. Now with red wines I never have a problem in using because I use one I like open it and drink the rest with dinner. White wine though I am not fond of at all to drink.
The thing that sucks out air is a pump thingy with a rubber cork that you use to get air out. Not to sure how long it works but its fine for a day or so .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.