Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had dinner at Bombay Sweets in Milwaukee. Those of you who have easy access to South Indian vegetarian food might not find it thrilling, but I consider Masala Dosa and Vadai a treat since my beloved Udupi Cafe in Minneapolis burned down last year.

This place serves a large variety of sweets and KRUNCHY snacks. I was in heaven. If you're ever in Milwaukee near the airport, stop by and pick up some Rasmalai to go :)

Bombay Sweets Vegetarian Restaurant.
3401 South 13th Street.
(414)383-3553

Kuan (not affiliated in any way)

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Kuan, you found one of Milwaukee's best Asian places. http://www2.onwisconsin.com/scripts/...consin&ver=3.0

My husband who doesn't like Indian food, so I haven't been there myself, but I've heard raves from friends and the paper's restaurant critic. Incidentally, the location borders a thriving Latino neighborhood, full of great Mexican, Spanish and Central/South American food. (Okay, Serbian too, if that's your thing) Yet another great reason to visit Milwaukee.

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: Mezzaluna ]

·
Registered
26 Posts
kuan,

Did you know that Udupi Cafe has re-opened? It's on the same side of the street, just south a block or two (there used to be a restaurant called Jang Won's in the building they are in now).

Went there about a month and a half ago

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you are ever in the Milwaukee area again I highly suggest taking a short side trip(30 mins south) of Milw. and visit my little Hamlet of Burlington. Here you will find a place calledB. J. Wentkers
You will thoroughly enjoy it!!! I promise!!

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation, E-RacerX. We have friends in Racine and are often looking for places between there and Pewaukee to meet for a good meal. What's good there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good Day Mezzaluna... The last time I was at BJ Wentkers I had Sesame Duck Strips for an app. I just looked on their current menu and it appears that they don't offer them anymore. The menu is constantly changing. The chef there is the old chef from Heaven City in Muckwanago... are you familiar??

Anyway... for a good afternoon sndwich I recommend The Grilled Tuna steak. It's topped with an olive salad and a basil mayo.
For dinner I have also had a seared lamb sirloin with a bleu cheese and rosemary flan and carmalized onion dijon sauce(could have been shallots).

All the food is excellent and the portions are generous... Here is the menu I just found..
BJ Wentkers

Hope you enjoy if you ever get there. The entertainment is quite good also.
Beautiful bar with plenty to drink(hehehehe)
and the wine list is decent!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.