Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to candy some flower. I think in english you call them viola or is it pansy. Anyway I'd like to decorate a cake with some. I've grown some myself so I know they are pesticipe free. Couls someone please tell me how to do it?

Thanks for your help

Sisi

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank ypou M brown for your reply. I would appreciate if you could tell me how long will I be able to keep the candied flowers. If possible I would make a lot and save for future use.

Thanks for your help

Sisi

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. It really is too bad they don't keep for long. I was hoping to candy the whole garden and save the flowers to use during the winter months.

Is there any way I could do this?

Thanks!

Sisi

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone! I will give it a try. It is definitly worth a try if they don't keep I won't be loosing much.

I like the silica gel idea but I wonder if the flowers will still be edible once store in silica gel?

Thank you everyone for your help!

Sisi

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all. when the flowers are dry, it's been raining, I will give it a try and hope I can save them all.

Sisi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.