Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Hey Wendy,

This recipe is from Martha Stewart. Tried and true not by me but a friend of mine. I haven't seen her results but she says that the recipe worked well.

Caramel Lady Apples

12 lady apples, washed and stemmed
2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, peeled, and chopped
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1. Insert a 5-inch dowel or popsicle stick into the top of each apple. Place hazelnuts in a small bowl.

2. Place sugar, corn syrup, cream, and butter in a small
saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking until the temperature registers 245° on a candy thermometer, 10 to 12 minutes. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Remove saucepan from heat, and briefly plunge it into ice water to stop the cooking. Dip one apple into the caramel, coat the top and sides using a spoon, and roll the bottom in the nuts. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining apples.

I hope it works for you.

:D

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: Kimmie ]

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Wow Wendy,

When you figure it out, are you willing to share?

Shhhhht, I won't tell anyone...

;)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Thanks Wendy, I look forward.

BTW, I have quite a few Chocolatier at home. Can you tell me where is the recipe?

:p

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I did, I did purchase it. Yep! A new kitchen requires at least one new book!!! ;)

- Chocolate caramel tart with fleur de sel
- White chocolate espresso tart
- Earl grey truffles
- Pineapples and pink peppercorn

and a few of her recipes with apples are all on my "ToDo List"!

Isa: I've made strawberry jam with tarragon a few years ago and it's amazing.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Absolutely not, Isa.

Concerning the Truffled Rice Pudding, I would try just a very tiny batch, like 1 portion or 2 at best!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Isa,

When I make it, I will make sure you taste it...

BTW, even though I really do prefer lobster in it's most simple form, I must admit that lobster with vanilla sauce is really quite good, especially the one made by Chef Normand Laprise at Le Toqué! Restaurant.

:lips:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.