Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
834 Posts
This is a US based forum. The problem with posters from other countries (and we have no clue where) is that we have no idea what your local codes and requirements are or what you will be allowed to do as far as commercial cooking equipment in a residence.

So at best we can offer only superficial advice that may or may not be correct.

· Registered
834 Posts
What about deep-fryers - have you had them inside? Do they stink out the place even if you have a decent extraction system? I've only ever used them outside.
Fryers are OK. I always recommend that you have a good hood and ventilation system. As @jimyra mentions, in your case you should have it designed by a company that does hoods for restaurants. Oh, and there is no such thing as multiple fans. The practice is to use one variable speed fan.

· Registered
834 Posts
Yes, you will smell it but then most cooking is going to generate "aromas". I guess it's up to you as to what's objectionable and what's not. Good ventilation is key to how long it will last after you are done. If the cooking area is part of an open floor plan as is popular these days expect the odors to permeate the entire area if not the whole house. Confine the cooking to an area partitioned off from the rest of the house, equipped with self closing doors and negative pressure from a ventilation system, you won't stink up the whole house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.