Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Banned
6 Posts
@Pastry Passion    

Krebs used to produce the B&D paint guns also ;-)  (And Bosch). 

You may have one with a removable screw which suggests it is not a modern cheap paint gun made in China- they don't allow you to seperate the electrical components so that the rest can go into the dishwasher.   In terms of nozzles, in addition to the amount of power, you can get different finishes and areas of spraying based upon the nozzle size and shape.

@Meezenplaz

The krebs food gun doesn't work on gravity- rather they use electric to spray even very thick materials like jam, chocolate, egg etc. Very powerful.

Apart from quality, the main issues with chinese mass produced electric paint guns is that the container and other plastic components are not food grade. This is why sometimes you get that plastic taste on croissants etc. 

At the end of the day, whatever works for you, works for you. It just seemed prudent to point out that there are choices today for spraying food materials that don't require the pastry brush, cheap paint gun, or expensive compressed air solution.

· Banned
6 Posts
@FlipFlopGirl

Good to hear some responsible thinking. Paint guns are for paint, not food. This is about ethics, there hasn't always been a choice of sprayers and therefore a paint spray gun could do the job. I wouldn't use cheap metal knives in my kitchen so why would I compromise use a paint gun to prepare food. These days we know about the harmful toxins that are in cheap plastics and when we go to the trouble of lovingly making such exquisite food, why taint it when there are now safe options out there.

The KREBS models are also really easy to clean, you can put the nozzles and container in the dishwasher and then reassembles easily in less than a minute....see for yourself...

I wouldn't be without mine and that's why I'm so enthusiastic about it. I love it's versatility and use it for all sorts of applications in my kitchen.

As long as people are informed and know what's available they can make an informed choice.

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.