Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year we have a fancy dinner for Xmas eve. My wife, myself and soon to be 10 year old son. He is turning into quite the gourmet (at least once a year) It is a candle lit affair. It is designed to be as fancy a meal as possible as if we were in La Pyramid in France.
Past meals have included Duck A'La Orange, Steak Au Poivre, Roast Goose Austrian style, Tournedos Rossini. This year I am still in the air but I'm leaning towards Faisan Souvaroff. Perhaps Roast Duck with Truffled Risotto and Asparagus and Garlic Flan.

Are there any similar Christmas Eve food traditions? I suppose this interests me because actually I am Jewish and this Xmas Eve dinner is still somewhat new to me and I'm enjoying it. I missed it last year as some might know. My son felt cheated because I "Spazzed out" (his words) so this year has to be the best one yet!:chef:

· Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could it be because of the movie "A Christmas Story" where the neighbors dogs got loose in the house and ate the Christmas Goose? The family had to go to a local chinese restaurant because that was the only thing open. They had Peking Duck and freaked when the CHOPPED (they did it with emphasis, hence the capital letters) the head off.
But the most memorable part would be the chinese waiters gathering around and singing "Deck the haws wees bows of horry, fah rah rah rah rah, rah rah rah rah" tees the season to be jorry, fah rah rah rah rah, rah rah rah rah!"
That was too funny!:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.